Systems Administrators Group of New Zealand
Jan 2004 - Uniforum has been wound up. As SAGE-NZ was very quiet anyway
I'll keep the website going while thinking of what to do next.
6 May 2019 - Updated gateway notes.
Updated HPUX freeware site.
Added preliminary documentation for setting up dialup gateways.
This is being prepared for a future workshop/tutorial.
Added mailing list info for HPUX
Added a link for AIX
- What is SAGE-NZ?
- An local organization similar in concept to
SAGE-NZ is an organization for Systems Administrators to help
each other get more from their jobs, and to do their jobs better.
- What does SAGE-NZ offer?
- Currently, just the mailing list and the occasional workshop.
But if you have suggestions, join
the mailing list and tell them what you want.
- What is the association with Uniforum?
- The last time setting up a SAGE was suggested at a Uniforum conference,
a mailing list was set up to facilitate discussion. This led to a
Special Interest Group being formed. So, SAGE-NZ is a SIG of Uniforum.
- Who can join?
- Anyone with an interest in the administration of computer systems.
You must be a member of Uniforum.
- Who's in charge here?
- Donald Neal is the main
Philip Plane runs the
web site and list server.
- How do I join the mailing list?
- Check with the mailman
We have some links for the following operating systems:
There are some generic administration and security links.
And Donald Neal has done a
survey of members.